Join the Team
We’re looking for specific types of posts on the Chatty Brides blog:
- posts that are interesting and relevant to Omaha area brides/weddings
- pictures, pictures, and more pictures on ideas and inspiration.
- research about vendors, products, services, etc.
- DIY projects and tutorials on how to execute them
- updates on your planning process
- lessons you may have learned through your experience
- your vision of what you want your big day to be like
Before applying to Wedding Essentials, please think about whether or not you’d enjoy writing more audience-focused blog posts. It’s not for everyone, as it’s a different kind of writing.
Requirements: You must have less than 8 months to your wedding date. You must live in the Omaha Metro or surrounding areas and be planning a wedding in the area. Please note that we have a committee that reviews all applications, so it may take longer than a month for you to receive a response. While we would love to accept everyone who applies, unfortunately we receive many applications and have very few slots.
To apply: If you are willing share your journey from “Yes” to “I Do” email the following to Heidi and tell us why you should be a Wedding Essentials Chatty Bride blogger. Include the following:
- Wedding Date:
- Today’s Date:
- Date of Birth:
- Email Address:
- Wedding Budget:
- Fiance’s Name:
- Fiance’s Date of Birth:
- Fiance’s Occupation:
- Engagement Date:
- Telephone Number:
- Number of Guests:
1. Please provide a link to your wedding blog and bio if you have one.
2. Please describe details of the wedding you are planning including religious ceremonies, cultural ceremonies, etc.
3. Why do you want to be a Wedding Essentials blogger?
4. Will you commit to blogging on a regular basis?
6. Are you willing to post photos of yourself and your wedding? Are you willing to have your photos published in an issue of Wedding Essentials?
7. Do you work in or plan to work in the wedding industry?
8. Do you blog for any other wedding sites?
9. Please provide the names of the vendors you have booked to date.
10. Any additional information you’d like to provide about yourself and your fiance?